diaperLove


Please consider donating to this amazing charity organization. diaperLove supplies diapers to families who cannot afford to diaper their children. With twins, we know what it is like to really feel the financial crunch or being able to afford diapers and formula. Click the logo (or click here) to be taken directly to diaperLove's secure donation page. Donate today and help families diaper their babies!
Changing Diapers. Changing Lives.

Friday, April 23, 2010

Initial

Well, well, well...

It seems that I'm now a part of the blogging world. Thanks to my close friend, Gretta, I'm going to give this a whirl.

Where to begin?

My name is David and I'm a happily married 33 year old man from north Alabama. My wife, Miranda is a knockout 26 year old woman who owns my heart in its entirety. We live in the house I grew up in after my parents divorced waaay back in the mid 80's.

As the name of this blog infers, we're expecting. Not just one baby, nooo... Ol' Dave doesn't do anything halfway... We're having twins. Yes, TWINS!!

Neither of us are parents, yet. And boy are we going to get broken in fast. Two of everything..
Everyone says that it is going to cost twice as much, but I beg to differ.. Sure, we'll have to buy two of most everything, but I've got a plan... Buy two but pay half price for both so it's like you're only buying one at full price. Impossible? Maybe at times... but the smart shopper can do it. And I consider myself a bargain hunter/smart shopper. So we'll just have to see how it goes.

You know, I must vent for a second. It seems that many times I tell someone new that we're expecting, they are really happy and congratulatory. But the second I go a little further and explain that it is twins, they say something stupid like "Oh, I'm sorry" or "Oh, no!" or "Good luck with that (in a not-so-good tone)."

I mean, c'mon, people! It's a blessing. Why does the news of twins prompt some people to automatically go from happy for you to completely inconsiderate? I don't get it. Sure, it'll be a lot more work and possibly less sleep, but the good Lord saw fit for this to happen and doggone it, we're ECSTATIC!!

That's it for now... hey, blogging is fun, even if no one is reading it at this point, haha!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Glad to see the blog up and going. Hope you can update yours more often than we did. I think we got to day 3 after Savannah's birth. LOL! I loved the blog, but we just don't have the time to update it like we should. You'll understand soon enough. ;) Speaking of, I think that most of the replies you get that seem inconsiderate I'm sure aren't truly meant to be hurtful. Being a parent is like being inducted into this secret society. Once you have "been there, done that" with your babies...you too will understand those "Oh my goodness!" remarks that you've received about having twins. :) You're so right that it's a true blessing and all part of the good Lord's plan. My babies are the most absolute precious things in this world to me. Having 1, 2, or even 4 children is no easy thing no matter what their ages. There are many advantages to having twins in my opinion. It's just that those of us who have had infants, toddlers, and God help me pre-teens all have a little satisfaction in hearing that someone else (you in this case) is going to have it just a teency bit harder. I promise, no matter the joy and bliss and love they bring, you will totally understand these comments one day. You will probably even say a few yourself. ;)

I, of course, am tickled pink for you and Miranda. I can't wait to see the next 20ish weeks go by. ;)